and I think Nadesico is bloody funny. I think the voice of Akito is the voice of Shinji on Evangelion (might check that ...) - has that same whiney sound. I think some comments on this series which Haoran gave me are (from a 1 episode perspective) becoming quite true. However with all that time I'm probably going to have by myself when the rest of the family goes off to China, I think I'll be able go through this at a nice steady pace.
And just when you thought it was becoming an unseasonal thing to think about cricket (the major footy codes have already begun their just-prior-to-regular season stuff), the Tungstens are once again in a finals series. However, with the potential for rain looming, it may not bode well for us (draw = loss for us because we are lower on the ladder thanour opponents). Also, I might need to pack the shinpads. Steve Morrison gets me to field short leg to him. And he's a paceman. A very fast paceman. Think about it. I'm fielding where Boony fields for Warney to a paceman. I'm triple checking the presence of my box. And someone had better have their helmet with them. I might need it.
Also, I've discovered Haydn Sennitt's blog. I've also discovered that he's a Carlton Blues fan. Although I have no 'technical' objection to the Blues, I am obliged to discredit them as much as possible because my sister is a Blues fan. In sports, I am often obliged to compete against my sister. Like in the Soccer World Cup. She produced a list of teams and said to me 'Choose!', to which I closed my eyes and picked one (Ireland, who actually did ok). In AFL, however, this is voluntary, as I stick by the Swans. However, as our brother-sister relation goes, I am bound by blood to pay out the Blues as much as possible (whether the mockery is based on fact or not is another matter. Then again, my sister tends to attribute loss to other, non-Carlton factors, like the wind, or the other team was cheating). Anyway, here's to another season of Australian Rules Football.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment