Sunday, March 27, 2005

So now I might have a writing 'career' ....

I've written a few articles for the local Yugioh forum, mostly about underrated stuff and different strategies (this is going to become a regular column).

It seems it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I got recommended by some people at UDE (I wasn't even aware they were reading my stuff) and approached via a personal message on the forums to write for D-Mag. That's right, D-Mag. I only know about it because of the Tv ad ('D - D - D - D-mag!'). Now I'm writing an article basically talking up some products for beginning players, which might turn into something 'regular' (this keeps getting scarier by the minute). Articles for local internet forum - ok, completely voluntary, read mostly by people you know or may meet, mostly confined to a small corner of the world (though thanks to additional linking like at metagame.com, likely to increase, but at least to a predictable audience). Articles for semi-popular kids magazine - scary. Writing something like a regular thing for semi-popular kids magazine - imagine me screaming 'Bloody Hell!'. Somehow, this future doesn't freak me out as much as something else I want to get done this week .... more on that if it goes well .... then theres parish council .... all these things rolling together ... perhaps there's something about Easter and my destiny (well, it worked out my eternal destiny ...). I think I'll stop my elipsis obsession now.

No comments: