It seems after about 2 years of waiting, I finally get to do something about a church website.
Our church actually has a website. However, this is more of 'it exists' rather than 'it exists usefully'. Try this link to see what I mean.
The wardens have had the website up for some time now. However, its state which might be little above a 404 is not exactly inviting. Thus the time came that our rector decided that something needed to be done. I've manouveured myself now into a position of being the manager of this project.
However, with a church that is quite big and with varying opinions around the place, its going to be hard managing expectations and design realities. Add to that the fact that I'm basically starting from scratch, its going to be a long road.
On the other hand, 2 years ago, I considered the conceptual problems of trying to get a church website up and running, and the paper I wrote (which still exists) is not that much out of date. In fact, I have managed to reach back into the depths of knowledge and somehow popped up with the fact that I've been thinking software engineering constructs to map out the problem. Looks like university study is being applied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment