Thursday, September 01, 2005

Spring, and the return of cricket

You may be thinking that with the (dismal) Ashes the cricket season has really already begun. Not so!

Saturday sees the start of another season of church cricket: bad batting displays, compo pitches, controversial umpiring decisions, a complete lack of professionalism and training, and hanging out with a bunch of stinking blokes. Oh yeah. There doesn't seem to be as many teams this year, which will probably mean a double round-robin. At least there aren't any teams from Camden in our group. This year, I'm looking to score runs, take a few more catches, and otherwise look like I know what I'm doing. If the pitch is bouncy then I get to look forward to fielding at bat-pad to a fast bowler and testing out my reflexes (and helmet and box toughness).

Ahhh, why can't it be Friday already?

No comments: