Ahh, yes, the smell of leather and willow.
We had a neat start to the cricket season. We bowled our opposition out for 102 (which should have been much less, but 102 is still a low score) and are currently 2/30, though those 2 wickets weren't exactly of our best or even normal opening batsmen (well, actually, that's stretching it, by they're good mates and on occasion have been known to throw the bat around ... anyway). At the moment two of our best batsmen are in, which means that I think that if the scoring rate picks up some more, we'll definitely be looking to go outright (for the uninitiated, this means winning on 2 innings, so in our case, we look to declare on a sufficiently high first innings total, and either bowl them out before they reach the target needed for us to bat again, or bat again and reach the second target).
However, the absolute soreness I am now experiencing in my legs rendered me unfit to play in the 9 vs 10:30 soccer match. Damn. The score was 5-4 10:30's way (I would have played for 10:30), and I'm more surprised that the game actually went ahead considering the weather situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment