I guess this is one of those things in my life where I realise that things are ok. For the last few weeks work has been more hectic than usual and now that things are becoming more calm, I realise that God has answered my prayers. He is indeed my strength.
It has been over 2 years now since I left uni, and I have been missing the time to reflect, the time to read, the atmosphere of actually taking a good long time to exegete a passage and talk about it. Ahhh, the simple pleasures. At the same time I am grateful for the time I had, that I was keen and fired up for bible study from the outset (even though looking back I started off not really a Christian), that I took the opportunities I did, that I managed to get in 3 reads of the entire Bible (2 in NIV, 1 ESV), that I am not naive about what the Bible says, but have a mind that is familiar with and with the grace of God understands it.
For a while, I didn't feel right at church. I guess some things take time to master. Take my church for instance. It took me a while to appreciate Barry's (Barry is the rector at St James) view on the Spirit, and then to realise why it is that he is so passionate, and that his view is quite biblical correct, orthodox, and to be promoted. My view on the work of the Spirit is very much due to his almost obsessive passion with that particular topic, and now I am quite grateful for that.
In many ways, I feel like the next place I will be will be a surprise, and that at the end of it all I will feel as though I was remarkably equipped to deal with it and thank God for his graciousness. Except I don't know what that place is and I'm focussing on being remarkably equipped for where I am now.
Maybe if I get distracted by that long enough I'll miss the ground and start flying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You sure do manage to pull in the randoms don't you?
Post a Comment