Friday, October 14, 2005

On a week of miscellaneous doings

For some its the first week back at school.

For me, its back to an effective 6 day week. Hey, John Howard? I'm way ahead of you!

Sunday School returns, and this term my year 2 kids go up to the next class, only to be replaced by Kindergarden kids. Amongst them, I get my assistant minister's firstborn son, and some other characters whom you may not have heard of but whom I have had the dubious pleasure of seeing grow up. This is going to be my last term of Sunday School - the decision I took in the middle of the year seems to be right, as I was very tired, perhaps close to being burnt out after last term. The fresh challenge and the knowledge that the end is near is helping me to be fresh for this term. I'm going to really try to leave a noticeable impression by constructing something to teach biblical theology to kids later this term. I just need to get a better idea of what the finished product will look like.

This week has been rather busy - in addition to the usual, I had Parish Council on Wednesday (for which I realise I've gotten used to). I had dinner at Phil and Al's yesterday. Knowing then that my mid week was entirely locked up, I had to devote Monday to figuring out what I was doing this week, and tonight to reconstructing from several different activities what will become the activity my kids will be doing on Sunday (Scanners and scissors and glue. So useful.) Tomorrow, although sidelined from cricket due to a troublesome right hamstring, I'll be somewhat busy also. And then up again for the first in my last round of Sunday School lessons.

In all this, my Lord has answered prayers, one almost immediately after the prayer had been said in my mind. Praise be to the Sovereign Lord, who stirs creativity even when the brain feels out of ideas!

May he give me strength to last out the kids, and a spirit of faithfulness, love and truth to teach them the gospel.

No comments: