Here a few pictures.
Although on the prototype, the pictures are drawn on, that will not be the case for kids. I've drawn the pictures to give me an idea of how big I need the crowns, figures, etc. The kids will instead be colouring in the individual pieces, cutting them out and glueing them on. I'll also be adding words so that the whole setup is on some level understandable by reading it.
The coathanger is what gives the whole setup some rigidity and balance. Most of the weight is in the coathanger, which means that even if the rest is lopsided, it won't fall over or anything like that. Also, it makes a convenient place for box 1. In my plans, on of the problems was hooking up box 1 with box 2 and box 4. This arrangement pretty much solves those problems.
You'll notice that one of the boxes has been cut slightly so that the string looks like its attached to tabs rather than to the main body of the cardboard. I'm experimenting with which one I want. The rest are just easier to cut and make a little more room. I'll need to make sure though that for those the holes don't get covered over.
As for durability, the cardboard is a thicker cardboard then the regular kind you buy at a newsagent. Also, the plan is to pseudo laminate the images by covering them over with clear Contact.

1 comment:
Suggestion: make the cardboard coloured. It'll make the whole exercise a bit more interesting and exciting.
Back when I did a mission with Newcastle Uni, we figured out sensible colours for all boxes:
Box 1 - Creation = Green
Box 2 - Sin = Purple (pride?)
Box 3 - Judgement = Black (death)
Box 4 - Atonement = Red (Jesus' blood)
Box 5 - Resurrection = Blue (ascended into the sky?)
Box 6 - two-coloured.
Not sure about Purple and Blue.
Post a Comment