Monday, October 10, 2005

Seven Ancient Wonders

I read this book over the weekend because my sister bought it opportunistically. That is, she buys what she wants but as a 'birthday present' for me (its not till next month), knowing that I will read this book about 10 times faster than her, thus exhausting my use for it by the time she comes around to read it.

Indeed, I finished the book in under 2 days (less than 8 hours in actual time).

Without giving away spoilers, I thought that although it was a nice book, it wasn't great like some of Matt Reilly's previous works (on a tangental note, we went to the same high school. Indeed, he was in my brother's class if my memory serves me correctly.) The premise behind some of it was rather far-fetched (the coalition of small countries, for example. No real reason was given for these particular countries as opposed to others). The start was not what I was expecting - I was expecting at least enough information to know what was going on or the meaning or importance of the tasks at hand. I had to wait for that somewhat later.

Nevertheless, the book seemed to be much better as it went on, enough to carry it to the end, and give me the urge to make a strangely pleasant mwahahahahaha when the action concluded.

Adequate for Reilly fans, start with Contest if you haven't read a work by him.

No comments: