Friday, January 14, 2005

Beach Mission 2004-2005

Ahh, beach mission, Sawtell.
A familiar sight, almost a familiar smell. Not much seems to change in Sawtell everytime I come here.
For those not that familiar, Sawtell is a town on the mid north coast of New South Wales, 10 mins from Coffs Harbour. And a Beach Mission is a term used for these nearly 2 week long summer missions, where a team of about 30 or so people go somewhere else and teach people about Jesus. This generally involves a kids club thing in the morning, and various forms of evening activity like trivia nights.

Hmmm.

The team worked together very well this year. Smaller team, uncertainties over the cooks, but in the end it pulled together and as far as I know, all still very much alive and kicking.
Wyld went well, people heard the gospel.
I'm not sure if I can offer a better summarized evaluation.

Hmmm.

For the first time in a long time, I've come back from mission not feeling like I'm completely dead. Could be because my throat isn't completely stuffed (good singing technique involving power from the diaphragm, not the throat!). Could be because I'm over the loss of some of the more beloved team members. Could be because for once I feel satisfied about the job I did this time. Could be because I feel satisfied about Wyld. Could be because I'm a lot more mature, that I've come to grips with being a Christian man.

Hmmm.

I'm going to miss beach mission this year.

No comments: