Friday, January 28, 2005

On little kids and boredom and distractions.

I have 'modes'. Work mode. Home mode. With friends mode. Sunday School mode.

Shifting modes at the wrong time is like gear shifting when your a learner who's just started.
I discovered this when upon leaving work, I was strangely greeted by the sight of the Buckley Clan. Since only church will know what I'm talking about, the Buckley's are a large family, of whom the father works on the same floor as I do at Australia Square (this is eerily strange enough). Yesterday, however, the entire family - Mum, Dad, all 4 kids (Oliver, Evie, Luci, Tobi) - was there. Needless to say I was mentally unprepared for the shock that occurred there and then. And I think most of them were as well. Evie is 'scared' of me. Oliver is just hitting high school, and is 'rumble' age. Luci is currently in my Sunday School class, and will probably bug me about next week. Tobi probably doesn't even know my name. Umm. Due to presence of other people on the elevator, the ride down wasn't as mindlessly comfortable as it normally is ....

At least it gave me something else to think about.
I'm finding the days getting more and more boring. However, and I'm not sure if I really want to reveal this here (but then very few people come here, I think), its always that little bit more brighter if I manage to see a certain unmentioned female person on the train ride here. I fear, though, that due to something she did, perhaps unconsciously, last week, my brain spends various amounts of time in attempting calculations involving her. For the last week, I've been unusually distracted and less motivated. Put another way, stringing a straight thought got a little more difficult, though it seems to have subsided enough now. This concerns me, especially when combined with my lack of being able to put together a happy thought. Something tells me that I can't keep up the status quo for much longer. Something is going to snap, and I'm hoping that it's my fear of change.

No comments: