I am definitely not a fan of the weekday wedding.
You might think this was quite obvious - who wouldn't? - but after last night I am certainly not in favour of any form of weekday wedding.
Last night was the reception for my cousin Cecilia's wedding to some guy called David whom I met for the first time last night. The actual ceremony was held at about 1pm at Balmoral Park. As I watched the harbour view from our office high up in Australia Square, a work mate remarked that 'it looks Mt Doom over there', to which I replied 'Yep, that's where my cousin's wedding is on, right now'. My sister and other cousins who were able to attend the ceremony related to me how the rain began during the 'vow' part of the ceremony ... fortuitous?
As Chinese wedding receptions often are, this was once again a long running seafood bonanza - and as usual my distaste for most seafood kept me drinking most of the time. It was ok this time, as fortuitously for me there are a number of fast food outlets between work and Wynyard station. And as wedding receptions within our extended family have become, this was a mini-reunion of sorts for our group of cousins. We mostly haven't seen each other for yonks, and most haven't seen me for yonks. This proved to be a small running joke of the night, as people who hadn't seen me for ages commented on the growth of hair around my mouth. At least now I can be distinguished from my brother .... well except for David, who after shaking hands with my brother proceeded to call me 'Alex'.
This, however, is but the first of my adventures this week. Tomorrow, in fact, is my brother's birthday. He had expressed, via my sister, various amounts of gift suggestion. The present he shall be presented with from me should suprise him completely, though I have a great desire to use it myself. Time however is not with me. My brother and I were pretty big fans of Robotech. And he's getting the entire first series (the Macross saga). I think Robotech and Transformers were the cartoons of that old early 80's era. I have long memories of wanting to pilot a Veritech transformable fighter. It was probably the first big-toy dream machine I thought about. We get more sophisticated as we grow up, but some things don't change. Some of those inner desires stay the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment