Due to variosu things I've been thinking over, and the recent acquisition of a burner with working software, I've compiled myself a soundtrack that in various ways describes or holds the mood of or somehow makes itself worthwhile as part of a soundtrack for my life.
Here's the list:
1. The Three Sunrises - U2, off the 1980-1990 B-sides disc
2. Sad - Pearl Jam, Lost Dogs
3. Stay (Faraway, So Close) - U2, 1990-2000
4. Sometimes you can't make it on your own - U2, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
5. Save Me - Queen, Greatest Hits 1
6. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen, Greatest Hits 1
7. Somebody To Love - Queen, Greatest Hits 1
8. Hallelujah, Here She Comes - U2, 1980-1990 B-Sides
9. Hold On - Pearl Jam, Lost Dogs
10. Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam, Lost Dogs
Over the next few days, when my heart is in it, I'll post a little commentary on why I like the song and why its in the list.
To start off with, The 3 Sunrises.
To me, this song is a nice opening track. Its uplifting, but not all that fluffy. It represents hope. It puts me in the mood to listen to music. It reminds me of something better to come. It starts off slow, sombre, like a sun rising, and then bursts out into 'this love song'. Its a fantastic opening track and I'm not sure it would work anywhere else on a playlist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment