Monday, February 21, 2005

My Life as a Soundtrack part 7

Somebody to Love

The last third of the Queen 'trilogy' that forms the middle of the compilation.

I really like this song. I imagine a video clip not dissimilar to Grease or something of that era, Freddie singing his heart out with his buddies behind him doing the backing.
I also like this song because I've often found myself singing it. As much as I've been variously adequate with singleness, the loneliness and the pain you see when you look at others can be very nearly overwhelming sometimes. And so I sing this song. Its always been eerily appropriate.
There's also another thing I like this song. The singer prays to God. And although I may not have been asking exactly the same thing, I too pray to God. The appropriateness level is getting higher.
And after I got working, I could add the bit about working hard.
I haven't gotten to the point when I wake up I die a little, but I know it won't come to that. Although I have ups and downs, I'm more assured of God being with me than ever before.

No comments: